There aren’t many people who look forward to the concept of growing older. This is because no matter how old we get, deep inside, we still feel the same.
That is why we are aghast upon seeing ourselves in the mirror, with saggy skin and wrinkles, when we don’t feel any differently inside from the way we felt when we had baby faces and dewy skin.
This is the reason why there is a boom in the anti aging skin care industry. Young and young at heart alike, there is a mad dash for products that promise the fountain of youth.
Facial peels, or skin peels, are one of the options available. These are generally quite effective, unfortunately they do have disadvantages, and I’d like to briefly list the advantages versus the disadvantages to taking the facial peel route to anti aging skin care.
Advantages of using Facial Peels:
1. The effects of these peels are discernible almost immediately after
2. These effects can also be quite significant
3. Facial peels work to lessen fine lines, make the skin smoother, and fade age spots and other skin discoloration
Disadvantages of using Facial Peels:
1. Procedures like these are usually quite costly, and have to be administered at a spa, dermatologist or salon
2. Just the word “peel” can give us a clue as to what exactly will be done to your skin. And yes, it does tend to feel as painful as it sounds.
3. If there is pain or discomfort, then there will also likely be a recovery period or downtime
4. The effects of these peels, while tremendous, also tend to be temporary, necessitating regular maintenance.
I think that it is quite obvious that the disadvantages to facial peels actually outnumber its advantages. This is why, personally, I prefer to use skin creams to achieve the anti-aging result I aspire to.
There are quite a number of effective skin creams, the most effective of these would be the kind that contain clinically proven substances that can increase the body’s natural collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin are vital proteins that are responsible for smooth, supple, healthy skin.
There is one disadvantage to using skin creams, though. Even the really effective anti aging skin creams require a certain amount of patience in application before significant results are achieved. I think that’s a small price to pay for a cost-effective, natural, effective, and permanent solution to achieving younger looking skin.